Learn by Doing… Children’s Shapes Flashcards. The Learn by Doing… Shapes pack is perfect for preschool (aged 2+), Reception (early years, ages 4-5 years) and Year 1 (ages 5-6 years). The shapes included are: circle, triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, sphere, cylinder, pyramid, cone, cube and cuboid. These are the shapes which are covered in the Maths School syllabus (KS1). Our updated new edition also includes: oval, diamond, parallelogram, nonagon, decagon, semicircle, crescent, star, trapezium, heart, hemisphere and triangular prism. These shapes are useful for Year 2 and beyond when edges, vertices and faces come into play.
WE LOVE TO CONSIDER EVERYTHING…
- The cards have been simply designed
- Black and white high contrast for two-dimensional shapes and simple colours to separate and highlight three-dimensional shapes
- Child-friendly font for ease of legibility
- Each pack comes with 8 fun ways to play and discover shapes, helping to learn in a fun and engaging way
- The rounded edges making them safe and perfect for little hands
- Each card has a matt laminated finish so they can be wiped clean and used over and over
- Their modern style and lasting finish mean they can be used right through primary school.
- Each pack is supplied in a sturdy recycled keepsake box.
These hands-on cards are ideal to help preschoolers and early years to learn their 2D and 3D shapes, boost confidence, and develop writing skills.
MATERIAL SPEC & PACKAGING
The cards are printed on FSC durable paper stock, with a matt laminated finish so they can be wiped clean. The rounded edges making them safe and perfect for little hands. The ink used is 100% eco-friendly and entirely plant-based, manufactured from renewable sources.
The box is 125mm wide x 165mm length x 22mm depth.
Each card is A6 105mm x 148mm.
Caution: We recommend that children 3 years and under should be supervised when using our flashcards. Cards and packaging should not be chewed or sucked on, doing so may result in small parts causing a choking hazard.